Sunday 30 September 2012

Journey for my new brace


Hey guys it has been awhile since I last posted anything because I wasn't feeling to well. In my last blog I gave an insight into my experiences dealing with the introduction of scoliosis into my life.

Today I’m going to begin to speak on my journey to the United State of America to acquire my second brace. My Original brace wasn't enough in preventing further curvature to my spine. My curvature was growing faster than me. This was becoming of great concern for doctors, my mother and my family. I was still in primary school at this time and didn't fully understand the extent of my situation. However, in the midst of this situation my uncle who resides in New Orleans mentioned to my mother The SpineCor System.

As my mother investigated further about spinecor she became more interested and kept In contact with a Doctor named Dr. Gray Deutchman. Eventually, one day she came to me and said because of my condition I needed another brace and we are going to America to purchase this brace. This endeavour was very costly an included a comprehensive evaluation of my body, full spine x-rays, a video electronystagmography test, physical therapy instruction and treatment and other medical treatment upon my arrival to America. 

This endeavour cost over 5,000 US. During that time i was very excited because i never visited America before. I wasn't even concern with my condition. Although, my back pains grew more and more. I was hoping this new brace would be the answer to my my back pains and scoliosis as a whole.Continue to this link to find out more about The SpinCor System http://www.scoliosissystems.com/.

Take a look at this video it's the exact brace i wore and i had to wear this brace everyday.





Don't  forget to join the discussion on facebook  http://www.facebook.com/groups/155511667921915/

No comments:

Post a Comment