Wednesday 3 October 2012

Journey for my new brace part 2

Hey  Guys a couple of days ago i started speaking on my journey to the United States of America, as promised i am continuing from where i left off.

On my journey for my new brace i was headed to Chiropractic Care Of  New York PLLC 1085 Park Avenue, New York. I left Trinidad with my mother during the summer vacation when i was 12  turning on 13 years of age. Before i continue i must say i never took my scoliosis seriously when i was younger because i never wanted to be looked upon as different.Therefore, proper documentation of  my experiences when i was younger was not done. Although i distinctively  remember certain events that happened. I'm depending now  on my memory and other secondary sources of information to talk about my challenges.

When i  arrived in  America, i stayed in New jersey  for two weeks with family  then i was on my way to  Brooklyn New York where i also stayed with family. America was exactly what i envisioned it to be.My first visit to the Chiropractic Care Of  New York i was a bit nervous and excited.There is a big difference between me seeing the spinecor brace and wearing it. Before i even tried putting it on, i had to learn various exercises in conjunction with my new brace to control my curvature growth . I also had to undergo other treatment . My exercises were not all that easy seeing that it was all back oriented exercises. Unfortunately, i couldn't  find any videos illustrating my exercises and i can't remember any of them.However, later down i would illustrate exercises i did  after  my surgery.



This spinecor  brace was a million times more comfortable than my old brace.It gave me more freedom to bend and it felt more natural. Remembering how to assemble this new soft brace was a little challenging for  the first few days. I also remembered a lot of pain the first night i slept with it.I don't believe i slept that first night well at all.

After my acquaintance with my new brace it was time to head back to Trinidad. This brace made me felt somewhat comfortable with my scoliosis. Sometimes the straps  may show underneath my clothes depending on the material but that didn't bother me much. It was when people started asking questions about what was underneath my jersey problems arose for me. I forgot to mention that my curvature was close to 90 degrees when i switched to this spinecor brace.


This is an x-ray of  a 90 degree curvature. My curvature was very close to this.





Take a look at this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment