Sunday 14 October 2012

Journey to surgery part 2


A doctor from Shriners Hospital for Children situated in Erie Pennsylvania named Dr. Sanders mailed my mother saying he received  a letter and x -rays from the Chiropractic Care Of  New York concerning me and indicated surgery as soon as possible.Consequently, he e-mailed my mother an application form for treatment by the hospital.  For Shriners Hospital to accept  foreign patients their condition must be very serious and surgery is their only option.My mother soon received a letter from the hospital stating that i was accepted. My mother along with my family was every excited. I on the other hand was very afraid but happy to see U.S.A again. Dr. Sanders requested i have an MRI of my brain and spine. My mother and Dr. Sanders remained in contact via mail and e mail.

During this time i kept the surgery to myself and my mother told everyone! i was most annoyed. I understood that one can die during major surgery but i guess i didn't want anyone to pity me. Eventually, a date for my spinal surgery was set on July 18, 2006 at Shriners Hospital for Children Erie Pennsylvania. Dr. Sanders  requested a urinalysis and a PPD test along with other tests. As i said in my last blog Shriner's is a non profit hospital therefore my surgery and  other medial expenses would be paid for when i arrive at the hospital. My mother had to plan on purchasing our  plain tickets and which family member we can stay at during my recuperation period. Once again the money was found some how. My parents never made me worry when it came to spending money on my condition.

At this point i was in form one in my last semester before August vacation. My mother  mentioned to my teacher that my date for surgery was soon. The last day of class before the end of semester exams my class alongside with my teacher planned a well wishing party. Many of my class mates were  shocked about my surgery because i never told anyone of my condition. I usually avoided answering questions concerning my condition.

Soon i was on my way to Erie Pennsylvania on a three plain trip. From Trinidad to Huston Texas then Charlotte and finally to Erie.


where exactly is Erie Pennsylvania? take a look  http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Erie&state=PA



Shriners Hospital Erie Pennsylvania



No comments:

Post a Comment