Sunday 7 October 2012

Surgery becomes inevitable


Hello again to everyone. In my last blog i spoke about my journey for my second brace. Unfortunately, that spinecor brace didn't do much to my back.Once again i didn't take proper care of the brace and i took it off many times. Any chance i got to take off my brace i would do so. I started secondary school with my spinecor brace and it was very challenging because i didn't want to be different and be treated differently. So i often took off my brace many times to go to school. However, i did this at the expense of increasing my curvature.

As i look back  i realized that  my solution was simple. I could of told the truth about my back, but some how i was afraid i would have been an outcast as most teenagers including myself tries to fit in with the crowd.

In this blog i am taking the opportunity to expand on what i went through during my time in America before   i came in-contact with my second brace. In my next  few blogs  i would get  into the meat of my challenges associated with scoliosis. My back brace has done its course and my curvature reaches 100 degrees, surgery becomes inevitable.

Here  is a video of  magnetic resonance imaging  (MRI) which basically gives doctors a picture of my back. I took two (MRI's) before i wore my spinecor brace.




I specifically remember doing an exercise similar to this to strengthen my back when i was in America.








This  video is very interesting to watch, this little girl is so brave !!



Feel free to comment on the video on my blog or facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/groups/155511667921915/



Take a look at this link, its an interesting story where  fitness plays a key role in victory over scoliosis and migraines.

http://www.midtown.com/blog/8847/fitness-plays-key-role-in-victory-over-scoliosis-and-migraines



No comments:

Post a Comment